Uncensored Money Season Two: The pink tax and gender parity - does it exist, what is it, how can we fight it
Melissa Browne: Ex-Accountant, Ex-Financial Advisor, Ex-Working Till I Drop, Now Serial Entrepreneur & Author, Financial Wellness Advocate, Living a Life by Design | 02/06/2021
In the new season of Uncensored Money Mel is joined by Lawsie, a Gen Y ex-financial advisor and ex-accountant.
In our third episode of Season Two we're talking all about the pink tax and gender parity. We discuss what it is, prove that it still exists and what we can do about it.
In this episode we refer to a number of studies, resources and products which are listed below:
- Finder - Comparison of the week: The cost of being a woman
- Huff Post - How much a woman's period will cost her over a lifetime
- SBS - UNICEF estimates 10% of African girls miss school during their periods
- Global Citizen - period poverty, everything you need to know
- 2021/22 women's budget
- ABC - Australia tax system favours men over women in the federal budget
- Honey - Pinky glove
Also discussed, here are ways we can support those less fortunate:
If you know you need more help with your finances make sure you sign up to the next round of the My Financial Adulting Plan.
If you know you need more help with your business make sure you check out the My Business Adulting Plan.
If you're not already, come play over at insta at More Money for Shoes
Finally, if you love this episode please make sure you subscribe and leave us a review.